Interactive Mobile TV Solutions for Operators
Telemak [Mobile TV Solutions for Mobile operators]:
Telemak is leading the industry in hosted content delivery solutions for mobile and broadband networks.
Mobile users are demanding more entertainment content on their handsets. According to research from MultiMedia Intelligence the mobile TV and video market will exceed $15 billion.
Mobile TV will rapidly become the dominant mobile content category.
Deploying a Mobile TV platform is a complex project where Mobile Operators will need to call in the experts. Experience will need to include; selecting the best technology, choosing from constantly changing broadcasting formats and transmission protocols, designing the infrastructure and scaling the systems to serve millions of mobile users.
In 2005, mobile operators introduced Mobile TV into Korea, Japan and India. At the same time in Belgium, Mobistar, part of France Telecom, launched 12 mobile TV channels on Orange World, its popular mobile portal. Telemak architected and deployed the complete mobile TV infrastructure. For Mobile TV to reach its mass market potential operators will need to focus on cost-efficient interactive services whilst relying on expert capacity planning and operational delivery.
Telemak provides mobile TV platforms, streaming media technology and video content services, on both mobile and broadband networks, to companies around the world.
One-Stop Mobile TV Solution
Looking for an outsourced and optimized solution for delivering compelling, high quality television and video over mobile networks? Telemak’s end-to-end Mobile TV media platform is fully hosted and provisioned as a managed service.
Telemak’s Mobile TV Platform Solution Includes
- One-stop shop: Telemak is a deeply committed mobile TV specialist. The core team has been running Orange World’s mobile TV service since 2005.
- Thumbnail preview: minute by minute dynamic creation of thumbnails from broadcasted content to tease the mobile user into viewing different channels.
- Virtual channels: channel designation via virtual channel maps and playlists for an optimal mobile user experience and personalisation.
- Fully managed: end-to-end automated platform. From broadcast signal to quality of service monitoring of a mobile user viewing mobile TV channels.
- Satellite downlinks: secure data centre premises with direct access to fully owned satellite dishes for real time and secure broadcast reception.
- 24/7 monitoring and support.
- Remote control of source and scheduling using a standard web browser (on laptop, desktop, mobile phone, etc.)
Telemak’s Mobile TV Technology
- 3GPP and DVB-H: covering global and local standards and formats released by leading telecommunications associations.
- EDGE, UMTS, 3G, HSDPA, HD: including existing and next generation transmission protocols for optimal capacity and quality control.
- iPhone, BlackBerry RIM, Nokia Symbian: 95% of all available handsets.
- Envivio compression technology: best of breed compression technology to deliver highest quality of experience to mobile TV consumers.
Would you like to know more about this product and Telemak® products and services, please contact us
Download our corporate brochure here.